DOING IT GOD’S WAY
2 Samuel 6:16-19; Selected Scriptures
D.Z. Cofield, Th.M., D. Min.
November 1, 2020
Ecclesiastes 9:11 (ESV) – Again I saw that under the sun the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all.
Hebrews 12:1 (ESV) – Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 Timothy 4:7-8 (ESV) – I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
1. You stay faithful by making WORSHIPING God your PRIORITY.
2 Samuel 6:16-17 (NLT2) – But as the Ark of the LORD entered the City of David, Michal, the daughter of Saul, looked down from her window. When she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she was filled with contempt for him. 17 They brought the Ark of the LORD and set it in its place inside the special tent David had prepared for it. And David sacrificed burnt offerings and peace offerings to the LORD.
A. Worship God PERSONALLY (INDIVIDUALLY) v.16
B. Worship God PASSIONATELY (INTENSELY) v.16
C. Worship God PURPOSELY (INTENTIONALLY) v.17
L.I.F.E. Group Questions
1. What was the most elaborate public celebration you’ve ever attended?
2. What Christian worship practices or styles of worship embarrass you or make you uncomfortable?
3. How did David culminate the celebration when the ark reached Jerusalem?
4. What does it mean to you to know that worship is a lifestyle and not an event?
5. How will making worshiping God your priority help you finish strong?
6. What does it mean to you to worship God personally or individually?
7. What does it mean to you to worship God passionately or intensely?
8. What does it mean to you to worship God purposely or intentionally?
9. How important is it to be a blessing to others? Explain
10. What can you do this week to bless someone?